Monday, February 6, 2012

Is there a stimuli-involved mental illness?

A few years ago I started getting a little depressed from going in certain areas, and since then it's kinda of been spreading.

I believe "mood being affected by atmosphere" is named stimuli. I could be wrong , however.

But since those few years ago, I began getting over obsessed with making the atmosphere around me just perfect. For example, I go onto Google Earth Street View in sunny, humble places to make me feel more happy. But if some how I accidentally land in the middle of a council estate, or a dull, grotty, and crime infested area, I can't even look at the screen to turn it off, or straight away, I become depressed.

Something that worried me the other day was when I was reading and I had to change the cushions on the arm chair from black, dark cushions, to lighter , white cushions, because the back cushions were making me feel more low and uncomfortable.

Now this is something that has a huge impact on day to day life working and studying, and even affects my fun when I go out with my friends and family.



I've not been to see a doctor about it yet, even though I have seen a doctor recently. I did not mention it because I thought it would be too hard to explain.



Does anyone know if this is a mental , official problem? Thank you for your help. :)Is there a stimuli-involved mental illness?
Overall not sure, but what i do know is - neurotics are more easily conditioned to negative stimuli. So perhaps you are just a neurotic.

No comments:

Post a Comment