Monday, February 6, 2012

Who or What takes the street level photo for google earth?

Every road city or rural has many photo icons. The photos can be rotated for 360* views. Is this done my a person or remote/mounted camera?

thank youWho or What takes the street level photo for google earth?
I think it is done by a person driving a car with cameras built around it automatically taking photographs.Who or What takes the street level photo for google earth?
I noticed in several photos that if your "aim" dowm, you can actually see the car. On one car in particular I noticed a satellite pod mounted to the rear of the trunk area. I can only assume that this is a GPS system tied into an omnidirectional camera syatem.

Report Abuse

Who or What takes the street level photo for google earth?
It IS Actually a bunch of cameras mounted on a car's roof. they also carry some other equipment (GPS obviously). I happened to drive by Google Earth's car today when they were shooting in my city.

right now I'm looking for some more info. about it.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment