Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Google Maps Street View: Your thoughts?

There has been much contradiction as to whether the Google Maps Street View feature was set up and launched unethically. People were caught on camera doing things they wouldn't particularly want the entire world to be able to see; the google maps camera truck apparently trespassed into private property; most peoples houses can be seen in rather extreme detail now with the combination of google earth and street view...

what do you think? does it (or would it) bug you to have your home visible on the site? do you think that the problems brought across by the setting up and launching of the site outweigh the benefits or vice versa?Google Maps Street View: Your thoughts?
according to google maps my house doesn't exist so it doesn't bother me.
google street view shows everybodys house



if everybodys house is anonymously put up on the site, then everybody can see everybody elses



and if everything is available, nothing is available, its no less intrusive than your house sitting in "public" view on your street



its all available information already anywayGoogle Maps Street View: Your thoughts?
I live in a condo so I wouldn't care.

I walk to school %26amp; everywhere so I might end up being on the camera though. I'll just hope i'll be wearing a kickass outfit.

Also it's great if you need to verify where a store is.Google Maps Street View: Your thoughts?
i can see my fat neighbor on it

No comments:

Post a Comment