Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How can I get a street view on Google Earth? What am I doing wrong?

I am such a dunce with this computer, I have G E installed and can see my neighborhood and home from above.

I cannot seem to get the street level view or move up and down the street. What am I missing?How can I get a street view on Google Earth? What am I doing wrong?
It is not you nor your computer. It is how Google Earth is formatted. When you "fly" to your address, you will get the overhead (altitude view). Now, in order to get street level, look to see if there are camera icons on your street. If there is not, you cannot get to street level. If there are, select the camera closest to your home. What looks like a crystal ball will appear and then descend to street level. Click on full picture and it fills the screen. There will also me a little window insert that will allow you to move up/down the street of to the sides. My son is stationed in Germany and when I try to see their house, the picture is clear until it gets below a certain altitude. This is also part of the format and nothing can be done about it.
On the left side of your screen you should see a tab called layers, click that, it should pull down the options for viewing, check the box next to street view! Enjoy :)How can I get a street view on Google Earth? What am I doing wrong?
It depends on where you live. We are out in the country on a county road and can only look down on our place, but Mom lives on a state highway near town and we can look right at her house at street level in virtual view. It is really fun. This isn't a great answer...those above me explained it better.How can I get a street view on Google Earth? What am I doing wrong?
I use Google Maps. . . perfect street views and will focus on a particular address.
I think that Granny's right about this. I can only get a bird's eye view of my home, but when I look at my daughter's apartment in NYC, I can tour her entire neighborhood, see where she does her grocery shopping, read the street signs, etc.
I use Google map - type in the address - drag the little man along the street - I have a virtual view of the block I live on,



When you drag - you have to hold down the cursor.



DeeJay
Some places stay in focus better on G E and I think the X mode is better. To move up or down the street just put the cursor hand on it or

anywhere, hold left click and the hand will grip the earth. Then just pull the earth with the mouse. A tip if you can't see something for the

trees, back-up the months into winter to loose the leaves. I have never tried street level, but maybe 100 feet above. If you want a wow view, fly to the address where I had my patent work done...

7083 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028 zoom down til you clearly see the sidewalks ( and stars in one walk of fame). It is a shame but I found no way to email G E images.
  • maybelline makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment