Friday, February 3, 2012

What is your view on Google's "Street View" ?

I'm of mixed opinion, though the cameras have recently been in our area and had confrontation.

I find the concept interesting, but also disturbing, as I have with Google Earth when spying on my old house.. I know know my ex has a new car for example, and hasn't watered the hanging baskets, though obviously don't know when the images were obtained.



In the UK, we are constantly under surveillance, though I'm unsure if it's to keep us in this wretched country or drive us out.

If a commercial company can do this, how close are the enemy, and more to the point when is UK LTD going to buy this information and use it against us ?

(By that I mean that dastardly lot in Westminster that are intent on breaking us).What is your view on Google's "Street View" ?
What an invasion of privacy ... I was shocked to see myself naked, cleaning my front window ... with nothing but a shammy and a bottle of windowlene to cover my modesty ...
It's really useful when you need to go somewhere you haven't been before, so much better than just a map. You can really visualise where you need to go. I don't know how often Google will update the images, so obviously over time you won't know how accurate they are. You can't use it to 'spy' on people as you don't know exactly when the images were taken. So I don't think it is some conspiracy to keep an eye on us by the government - after all they have all those security cameras for that!!What is your view on Google's "Street View" ?
I just had a little walk round Edinburgh. Currently there's nothing on my town. Even the satellite images are blurry and don't pick out the houses at all.



I guess I might be freaked out if I bumped into myself or a deceased relative. I think That is the major issue. I can see why some folk might get upset by some of the views. You can see a lot.



It's interesting as a wanderer.What is your view on Google's "Street View" ?
I find it a fantastically useful tool, and not in any way intrusive (remember that these images are of PUBLIC streets that anyone can walk down and take pictures of).



I have a job interview next week right at the other end of the country, and the Google tools (Maps, Earth and Street View) have allowed me to plan my route to the place much more easily than any outdated paper atlas like an A-Z. (I don't have a car, so I had to work out the easiest walking route from the nearest railway station - not easy with an A-Z.)
Me %26amp; my manager found ourselves on there, it looks like we are dossing at work but we're not. There was also a child whose face hadn't been blanked out.

I'm sort of in the middle, I don't think it was something done to spy on us but rather than to show other people, say family %26amp; friends. Plus it's cool because you know what to look for when finding a place. The Australian one is pretty cool :D

But yeh, I do worry how much surveillance is going on...
I absolutely love it! It especially comes in handy when searching online for houses. I don't have to stress over whether or not i'm wasting my time going and looking at a house. All I do is get on google and paste the address %26amp; VOILA...I can see what the house looks like! Plus it shows you turn by turn so u can familiarize yourself with the surroundings before even going there - or in my case, check out the neighborhood! I give it a A++
LOL I just looked it up and there's a fat chav woman walking down it.



Not a nice example of where I live, LMAO.



Umm it's a little weird, and I think it's an invasion of privacy but what can I do to stop it? Nowt.



EDIT%26gt;%26gt;WTF I just looked at it again and if you zoom in you can practically see into me effing bedroom!!! If it weren't for the tree in front...effing google
I find it interesting, I have nothing to hide, I can understand criminals not liking it and people who want to have clandestine love affairs.
Virtual.
I love it....it's amazing, i've nothing to hide and aren't concerned about privacy issues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment