Monday, February 6, 2012

Is there a program way better than Google Earth? Or something better than Google Maps?

I wanted to view my boyfriend's home on Google Maps, but it doesn't let you street view, hello, it's Arkansas. Stupid...so, I mean, what site/program actually likes people and gives them what they want? Haha. I wanted to see what his home looked like, I'm a creep like that.Is there a program way better than Google Earth? Or something better than Google Maps?
There may be something better locally. For example, the county where I live has two complete sets of aerial photographs of the entire county (on different dates) with much better resolution than Google Earth/Maps. But, as far as I know, nobody but Google Maps/Earth gives street views. You have to realize that this requires a vehicle to actually drive around the streets and take the photographs. Can you imagine how many million miles of streets there are in the world? Actually, I'm amazed at how good their street view coverage is. I live way out in the country in Ontario Canada, yet their vehicle passed only about a mile away from me, on a country road. There are street views of every house I've ever lived in in 70 years (except my present house), and that's a LOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment